STRONG BAD DELETES THE COMPETITION
Homestar Runner (2000)
Smash Bros. Lawl Beatdown
Moveset Video Music
Neutral B: The Cheat
Strong Bad will call upon his lackey and pet The Cheat to help him Cheat to victory. Initially pressing B makes The Cheat come out in a still state. He will follow Strong Bad as he moves around the stage. Here, Strong Bad can choose what The Cheat can do to assist him;
- Pressing B orders The Cheat begin to gnaw on anybody near Strong Bad for a few seconds, dealing continuous damage.
- Pressing Side B orders The Cheat to vandalize any traps on the field. The Cheat will approach any trap in range and will vandalize it in a different way. A vandalized trap loses all functionality and can be passed through by anyone. The trap will return to normal functionality after 15 seconds, or if the trap's spawner holds B near it. This attack also lets The Cheat pick up items/character spawned items to bring to Strong Bad.
- Pressing Up B orders The Cheat to give healing foods to Strong Bad, which heal a small amount of damage. This is the only order that requires a cool-down of 15 seconds.
- Pressing Down B orders The Cheat return to Strong Bad. If Strong Bad puts The Cheat away, he can bring him out anytime.
If The Cheat is attacked long enough (or by a strong kick attack), he will be KO'd, now gaining a respawn time of 30 seconds.
The Cheat is Strong Bad’s lackey/pet, who always assists in his schemes. Whenever Strong Bad needs an advantage, The Cheat comes in to help him cheat his way to victory, hence his name. This was first established in the original children’s book The Homestar Runner Enters the Strongest Man in the World Contest, where Strong Bad cheats his way through the competition. The Cheats attacks in Lawl originate from some of their various antics throughout the series.
Side B: Fthoom-Bang
Pressing Side B, Strong Bad takes out a set of Fthoom-Bang brand fireworks and will place them down. When placed, they will stick to whatever surface they are placed on. They can be picked up by anyone like an Electrode, with all the dangers of doing so. Once they've been on the stage for about 3 seconds, they will be set off. Sometimes, they will set off only the Fthoom, which makes them fly up in the air and blow up in said air. If someone is holding it while the Ftoom goes off, they will be pushed backwards. Other times, the Bang will be set off, which just sets off an explosion. Only one Fhtoom-Bang can be placed on the stage. Placed Fthoom-Bangs can be treated as traps.
The Fthoom Bang fireworks originated in the Toon Strong Bad is in Jail Cartoon, where Strong Bad and The Cheat try to break into Bub’s Concession Stand with the fireworks, only for it to go into the air. Strong Bad mentions “The Cheat, I told you to remove the fthoom! All we needed was the bang!”, which serves as the basis for the move’s dual functionality.
Up B: The Paper
When this move is activated, The Paper will trans-dimensionally appear and will pull Strong Bad upwards for a decent diagonal distance. No matter where Strong Bad is, the paper will pull him up. If anyone is in range of The Paper, they will be dealt some damage. Beware of fire attacks however.
The Paper is a reality-warping piece of printer paper that usually closes off a Strong Bad email, with his email adress for the viewers to submit mail. This move’s use as a recovery comes from the sbemail the paper, where during Strong Bad’s recollections of The Paper, it saves him from an (apparently) sinking island by grabbing onto it.
Down B: Prank Call
When Down B is pressed, Strong Bad will pull out Pom Pom’s cellphone and will press a handful of buttons. This will have him send a prank phone call to one of his opponent, who’s cellular device will being ringing, followed by a string of bogus lines. This prank call is random, and will distract the opponent long enough to disable their B moves (excluding their Up B). In some cases, the prank call will be so intense the phone explodes, dealing a decent amount of damage.
Strong Bad’s prank calls, while demonstrating his general mischievous nature, stems from the Marzipan’s Answering Machine toons. While they usually show different characters leaving messages on her machine, ever one features Strong Bad leaving a prank call, with different levels of absurdity. The explosion part comes from the sbemail personal favorites, where Strong Bad recalls “Oh and how 'bout that one where I left such a good prank call on Marzipan's answering machine that it exploded?”, to which it literally explodes from him saying “PRANK CALL!”.
Final Smash: Deleted
Here, Strong Bad will do what he does best; check his email. He sits down on the Compy with a random email song, and he will open up his email. A picture of the closest opponent appears on his monitor, and he decides to delete it. He starts slowly backing up from the desk, slowly hopping. Then, when he reaches a certain distance, he will break off into a sprint, scream "A-DELETED!", and will body slam onto the computer desk. The selected opponent will feel the pain of the slam, and will be dealt heavy damage and knockback. If they are KO'd, their icon will display a "deleted' icon. If nobody is next to him while the smash is executed, there will be nothing to delete, and the smash ends.
This move comes from Strong Bad’s habit of deleting certain emails he receives, which has become a running gag in the sbemail segment. The method of deleting shown in Lawl comes from the sbemail unused emails, where at the end Strong Bad performs this stunt to explain what he does with most of the other unused emails, which get deleted.
- Up Taunt: "I'm on a rampage!"
- Side Taunt: "Lemme break it down for you like this; I am the very strongest. You guys are not very strong."
- Down Taunt: Strong Bad does a jig while taunting "Come on get in the boooat, fish! Come on get in the boat, fish fish!"
Victory Screens + Failure/Clap
- Victory Option #1: Strong Bad files his glove while saying "That guff didn't even stand a chance! Aah, that's what being an On-Point King is all about." Strong Mad and The Cheat also stand next to him.
- Victory Option #2: Strong Bad says "Let's do a dance for the computer genius man." and he and The Cheat do a little dance.
- Victory Option #3: Next to The Cheat, Strong Bad says "Another victim claimed by Strong Bad's powers of persuasion..." while rubbing his hands together.
- Victory Option #4: (vs. Homestar) Homestar mumbling "So long, suckers." while leaving. Then Strong Bad says "It's like, even when we win, he wins."
- Lose Pose: Strong Bad sits defeated and covered in sweat pants.
Strong Bad is one of the main characters in the Homestar Runner body of work. Alongside his brother Strong Mad and pet The Cheat, he usually causes trouble through pranks or schemes, or cheating at events. He describes himself as an awesome ladies man, however his own ego and perception of reality is quite skewed. He would check emails from fans every week and respond in comedic ways.
- AAA Combo: ???
- Dash Attack: ???
- Side: ???
- Up: ???
- Down: ???
- Side: Strong Bad delivers a strong kick forward.
- Up: ???
- Down: Strong Bad slams on the ground with his 'lectric Boots.
- Neutral: ???
- Forward: ???
- Back: ???
- Up: ???
- Down: ???
- Grab: Strong Bad uses the Grabbo Arm to grab the nearest opponent. Counts as a tether grab.
- Pummel: ???
- Forward: ???
- Back: Strong Bad suplexes the opponent.
- Up: ???
- Down: Strong Bad lifts the opponent upwards, then slams them down on the ground.
- Ledge Attack: ???
- 100% Ledge Attack: ???
- Front Floor Attack: ???
- Back Floor Attack: ???
- “Check me out! No seriously, check me out!” Standard
- “He’s way better than that ugly washed-up The Cheat I used to have!” Based off Sterrance
- “The Fish was Delish and it made Quite a Dish” Based off the Strong Bad recolor in the Sbemail Radio
- "What manner of uncivilized ribcage is this anyways?" Based off Old Timey Strong Bad
- “Meh” Based off The Cheat
- “I just saw this sassy planet on the cover of one of your stupid books and thought it looked cool.” Based off Strong Bad’s Halloween costume as The Planet on the Cover of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
- “Looks like we’re gonna have to jump!” Based off Dangeresque
- “Hooray for me!” Based off Tiny-Handed Strong Bad
- “Who's the guy that looks like The Cheat?” Standard
- “UNLESS” Based off The Cheat’s Halloween costume as The Lorax
- “A rare collectable!” Based off Subtlefuge from The Cheat Commandos toons.
- "If you've got a caper, then you know who to call- It's The Sneak!” Based off The Sneak"
- “You can’t handle my style!” Based off Strong Bad
- “That lil blue guy!” Based off The Cheat’s Halloween costume as Drywall from Scud: The Disposable Assassin
- “Not a good Commando Name” Based off Firebert
- “Inside was a lifetime supply of fish sticks… and a The Cheat!” Based off the Old Storybook The Cheat
|Playable Characters in Smash Bros. Lawl Beatdown|