Every stage in Smash Bros. Lawl serves as the initial battlefield for all of these Internet phenomena to battle in an all-out brawl. Right after Robotnik's inclusion, each character received their own stage in one big stage-showcase video (down below). Afterwards, each character's stage would be shown during their taunts, or in Classic Mode. Like in Brawl, each stage contains a collection of songs fitting in with the series' stage, along with the occasional stage hazard.
Smash Bros. Lawl
Irate Gamer's Room
Krebs' Map Room
Daten City Church
Unnamed Dream Graffiti Stage*
Relaxation Time Land*
Mandatory World Tour*
The Daily Bugle
Epic Sax Stage
*These stages do not have official names.
Smash Bros. Lawl X
Smash Bros. Lawl Nova
Smash Bros. Lawl Beatdown
Smash Bros. Lawl What-If
A Kruel KO is a new stage mechanic that, while specific to execute, ends a match in an awesome or funny way. The requirements of pulling off a Kruel KO are:
- The opponent must be at 120%+ and on their last stock.
- The KO must be the last in the match, i.e. the game-finishing KO
- The opponent must be KO'd either upwards, downwards or sideways, depending on the stage.
- You must be at less than 120% damage.
- In Lawl, Chincherrinas chose to follow the tradition of certain characters in Smash not having a stage; this was the case for Ness and Captain Falcon in the original, both Fire Emblem characters in Melee, and remains the case for R.O.B. as of the most recent entry. Those characters without stages are Carlos Trejo and Weird Al.