|Scratch and Grounder|
Sonic the Hedgehog
Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog
Smash Bros. Lawl
Role in the Subspace Emissary
Scratch and Grounder appear as Subspace Army members in the Subspace Emissary. In Sparta, Dr. Robotnik summons them to take care of Leonidas instead of fighting Leonidas himself. The Spartan king destroys Grounder, while Scratch flies off and retreats.
Scratch appears solo in Final Forest, leading a group of Badniks to attack I.M. Meen and deploying a Subspace Bomb to engulf the area. His efforts are futile, and the bomb is sabatoged by Meen.
- Grounder turns his arms into hammers, then moves to another side as he rapidly swings them.
- Grounder blows into one hand and produces a pumpkin on another, then throws it at the player.
- Grounder extends one hand out.
- Scratch drops egg bombs, which can be knocked into Grounder to deal damage.
- Scratch swoops down onto the player.
- Scratch carries Grounder offscreen, then they come back onscreen in a tank that shoots four bombshells.
Final Forest Battle
- Scratch does a fast swoop on the player.
- Scratch summons Rollers that can be knocked back at him. If left alone, the Rollers will roll into the player themselves for damage.
- Scratch drops egg bombs, more frequently than in Sparta.
- Scratch fires bullets from a cannon from his crotch.
Scratch and Grounder are recurring villains in Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog, built as Robotnik's new Sonic-hunting Badniks as part of the "Super Special Sonic Search and Smash Squad". They were supposed to be designed as more competent than Robotnik's past minions, yet the duo are portrayed as a pair of clowns that Sonic outwits and reduces to scrap metal on a frequent basis. Both of them are inspired by two respective Badniks from Sonic the Hedgehog 2; Grounder is directly lifted from the Badnik of the same name, while Scratch appears to be a modified Clucker, a turret-wielding chicken Badnik.