For the titular character, see Ib.
Ib is a horror-adventure indie game released by Kouri in 2012, made with Game Maker 2000.
The game takes place of a nine-year-old girl named Ib with her parents. While looking around, she ends up being trapped in a surreal world with living artworks. Her life is also connected to a red rose that she picks up, and she dies if all the petals fall.
However, she finds a young man named Garry and a girl around her age named Mary, both of whom have roses. Together, they solve puzzles to try to get back to the real world.
Connection with Smash Bros Lawl
(Warning: spoilers ahead.)
- Ib: The titular character, a nine-year-old girl who visits the art gallery with her parents. While trapped in a surreal world, she must solve puzzles and dodge evil paintings to somehow find a way back home. In Lawl, she's the 7th character of the Post-Morgan era. Her fighting style involves placing paintings and using them as her attacks. Due to her high mobility and trickiness, she's the highest ranked character of all the Lawl fighters.
- Mary: Another young girl around Ib's age that she and Garry meet in the gallery. She agrees to stay with them and find a way out. Unbeknownst to them, however, she's actually the last of the artist Weiss Guertena's works that somehow came to life. She's the 3rd character of the Finale Era in Lawl. Her fighting style prefers the offensive instead of the defensive, wielding a palette knife and crayons for doodling on her foes. With her high mobility, trickiness, and fast attacks, she's ranked #3 on the tier list.
- An unnamed stage based on the art gallery in real life at the beginning of the game.
- Guertana Gallery: A Subspace Emissary stage based on the main settings of the game.
- Headless Statues: Headless statues based on Guertena's "Death of the Individual" sculpture, appearing as uncommon enemies in the Subspace Emissary.